We’re officially reaching the tail end of spring, so for this Proper Cocktail Hump Day we decided to whip up one last springtime cocktail.
We found a recipe in the April 2017 issue of Cooking Light magazine for a gin-and-fruit-based cocktail called a Strawberry-Lime Rickey. It sounded absolutely refreshing, and perfect for sipping on the patio on a not-too-hot day. Here’s how we made it (this is a recipe for two):
2/3 cup hulled strawberries, quartered
2 tsp sugar
3 oz gin
1/2 cup chilled soda water
Lime wheel and strawberry garnish
1) Cut your lime in half. Juice one half, and slice the remaining half into quarters.
2) Combine the juice, lime quarters, sugar, and strawberries into a pint glass and muddle until well mixed and sugar is dissolved.
3) Add gin; cover and shake for 30 seconds.
4) Strain mixture into two rocks glasses.
5) Add ice to each glass and top off with soda water.
6) Garnish with a lime wheel and a half-strawberry.